Newbie with questions

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
nigel
MegaSquirt Newbie

Newbie with questions

Post by nigel »

Hi to the forum.
I am a newbie and want a couple of opions please.
I have a 1989 GQ Nissan patrol (carby model) and fitted the efi manifold fueltank ect off a 1992 model ( 1992 on came with factory efi )
I have had no luck finding out the fuel flow of the factory injectors, the efi engine is rated at 172hp on the megasquirt site they quote a fuel flow requirment ( for a six cylinder ) of 15 pound per hour for 150 hp and 20 pounds for 200 hp.
I set the required fuel at 17.5 pounds does this sound fair or is there more to it.
Second question when tuning ( I have fitted a Teckedge WB sensor) the paperwork says about turning on the sensor I guess this means having the ego step size above 0 or is there another option?

Thanks in advance.
Nigel
nellyb1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Newbie with questions

Post by nellyb1 »

Hey mate,

I'm in newcastle and have a 88 mav.
I'm looking at getting rid of the carby that seems to think that i need to throw buckets of fuel into the car to drive it around.

How have you gone with setting up everything on your GQ?
you finished?
you started?

I've been told that i need to get the EA falcon throttle body, as i'm not too keen on running with full seqential injection, i'd be happy with just a eletronic carby setup really.

Then just get the holden sensors and build the kit.

Anyways mate, would be really keen to hear about your setup and what trouble or good things you may have found out about it all.

Cheers.

Neil.