Albury / Wodonga Megasquirters

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
AdStar
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by AdStar »

Hi there,

I'm based in Albury, about to purchase a megasquirtII and hook up to my Nissan Pulsar N15.

Just finding the best place to purchase the board and parts

Cheers
Ad
newtyres1
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by newtyres1 »

Great to see more Ozzies having a go at it. Good luck guys. It isn't a walk in the park, but the rewards are really big. Once you've got one install nailed, nothing to do with EFI will phase you much, I can assure you of that. I think the first one is the most difficult due to the required learning curve : )

Ian.
dickyjoe
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dickyjoe »

AdStar wrote:Hi there,

I'm based in Albury, about to purchase a megasquirtII and hook up to my Nissan Pulsar N15.

Just finding the best place to purchase the board and parts

Cheers
Ad
Gday Adstar

I'd be keen to catch up and kick tyres with you. I purchased mine from sparkandfurl.com and bought a kit and I think next time I'd try someone else. S&F were ok but I reckon there may be better (and worse)

Rich
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

Hi Dickyjoe,
I'm in QLD but I just did the same hilux converion for a mate's 22r. We used a corona manifold complete with all sensors and injectors, chopped and modified the corona loom, locked the origonal disi, fitted a GM IAT, and are running MS2 for fuel and spark driving the coil with the VB920.

My mate is very happy with it. the corona manifold picked up a lot more low and mid range torque.

Let me know if you have any questions about the 22r conversion.

Cheers

Daniel
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
dickyjoe
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Albury / Wodonga Megasquirters

Post by dickyjoe »

Hello,

I haven't been on this forum for quite a while so I thought I might reignite the enthusiasm.

I have myself a new toy, a 1984 Land Rover 110 Ute with a 4.4 V8. I want to squirt the engine and firstly do a 36-1 wasted spark EDIS conversion and then add fuel later. It will primarily run on LPG hence why I want to do spark only for starters.

Anyone else in the Albury/Wodonga area interested in meeting up?

Rich

PS. The hilux is still a goer although has been parked up for a whilst the owner was overseas.