NEW TO MEGASUIRT need help/advice

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
rod baker
MegaSquirt Newbie

NEW TO MEGASUIRT need help/advice

Post by rod baker »

hi all i have just bought a rover sdi v8 3500 with meggasuirt ecu
i am trying to work out how to adjust/play with it have down loaded several programs that were recomended but to tell the honest truth im lost
cant work it out
is there any body in newcastle nelson bay area who would like to give some insite as to how this all works
rod
Rod baker 1982 Landcruiser with ford XR8 5 litre building a Megasquirt 2 pcb3.0
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

Hi Rod, I have seen some members mention they are from your area, so hopefully one of them will see your post. I'm in QLD.

Do you know what version Megasquirt you have? and what version Firmware it is using? or Can the previous owner/installer give you these details?

If you can't answer those questions then a good start would be if you could take the lid of the MS and take a photo of the inside and post it here.

The tuning program you want is "Megatune" version 2.25. But it needs to be set up with the correct settings to suit what version Megasquirt and firmware you have. Once you can tell us what versions you have it should be pritty easy to help you set it up. I just helped a mate set his laptop up over the phone last night.

Cheers

Daniel
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
rod baker
MegaSquirt Newbie

new to megasquirt

Post by rod baker »

thanks heaps for that i will open it up and have a look again as i can not remember what it said will do it tomorrow at work
i cant ask the last owner as i rescued the car of the back of a tilt tray on its way to be scrapped he neither new or cared
the car is a sdi rover 3500 v8 1982 manual
rod
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

Hey Rod, Did you end up sorting this out?

Cheers

Daniel
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
rod baker
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: NEW TO MEGASUIRT need help/advice

Post by rod baker »

sorry for the long time no reply i missed the notification that someone had posted. i had to many cars i went for a drive in my 38 chev rod it drove better braked better and cost way les on lpg to run and the t5 manual shat over the rovers 5 speed in everyway possible .
i sorted it out fairly well i found the map sensor to be full of water how this happened i dont know i blew it out and cleaned it with electrical cleaner and most of my flat spot went away i did some reaserch and found that the ecu was a reinstall from another car and hey had not fitted the oxy sensor at this point i got an offer on the car to good to refuse $2000 which was 2 times what it owed me so i sold it .
now i am driving as a worktruck a 1982 FJ60 landcruiser with aninjected 302 which i want meggasquirt as i am not happy withthe factory set up (cant stop it running rich on petrol ) but thats life the poor ecu and set up is so bastardised that it wont come out of limp home mode which also means that the timing is locked as well as it is ecu contolled.
well im gunna start a new post about the 4x4
se ya
rod
Metalfab_101
Helpful Squirter

Re: NEW TO MEGASUIRT need help/advice

Post by Metalfab_101 »

4x4? Cool!

Looking forward to it Ron!
Prior preperation and planning prevents piss poor performance