Newbie 4age 20v

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
BZR Se7en
MegaSquirt Newbie

Newbie 4age 20v

Post by BZR Se7en »

Hi
I am in the planning stages on an MS project. Will be setting up a 20v blacktop in a home built lotus 7.
I want to keep the existing toyota loom and sensors if pos, as then I can convert back easily.
Anyone got any advice to suppiers and set-up would be great.
Patrick
Christchurch
NZ
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Re: Newbie 4age 20v

Post by devojet »

Hi Patrick,

I have a mate with a lotus 7 with a 20V in it, but not megasquirt. It's great fun to drive. If you get an old ecu and unsolder the connector you could make up an adaptor loom so it's plug and play. Not sure what standard sensors they have but toyota temp sensors can be made to work. On my mates Hilux 22R we used the factory senors, we just had to add an GM air temp sensor because we didn't have the airflow meter.

I have ordered MS gear from DIYautotune.com 3 times now and each time I get fast sevice. normally takes a week to arrive from America.

Cheers

Daniel
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

I just found this, It might be of some use to you.

http://www.msruns.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=22703
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
lmr052
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by lmr052 »

Patrick,
I have achieved what you want with a 3SGE (same distributor setup as 4AGE20V) in a 7 replica (Leitch from NZ). My OEM setup uses a MAP sensor. Is yours a blacktop (MAP) or Silvertop (AFM)?

I gutted an ECU and fitted the MS PCB, plus added boards for input conditioning, idle control, igniter drive, knock sensor conditioning. PM your email address and I will send some documents .
Regards, Richard
Successful MS Replacement for OEM Toyota ECU - all stock sensors and 2nd Ignition Input.