Wanted: throttle bodies

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
Metalfab_101
Helpful Squirter

Wanted: throttle bodies

Post by Metalfab_101 »

Hey guys, i'm after a set of quad throttle bodies.

I'm after something off a bike but will consider anything. Give me a shout if you have some, or know of some.

Damo.
Prior preperation and planning prevents piss poor performance
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Re: Wanted: throttle bodies

Post by devojet »

There are always cheap sets on ebay US. But now with the aus dollar so low they aren't so cheap. Do a search for GSXR throttles, they seem to be the most flexable for use on other engines.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
long283
Helpful Squirter

Post by long283 »

How about four stromburg butterfly/throttle assemblies or something similar? (the throttle assembly unbolts from the rest of the carb) With a 10kohm pot on one end for TPS. The early holden sixes had the smaller throttle bore.

What engine will they be going on?
Metalfab_101
Helpful Squirter

Post by Metalfab_101 »

devojet wrote:There are always cheap sets on ebay US. But now with the aus dollar so low they aren't so cheap. Do a search for GSXR throttles, they seem to be the most flexable for use on other engines.
I've just been looking on there, and even with the ordinary exchange rate I can probably get something pretty reasonably priced. The only problem with these is the throttle bore is probably a little bigger than i'd like, but at the end of the day I don't think it's going to make much difference.
long283 wrote:How about four stromburg butterfly/throttle assemblies or something similar? (the throttle assembly unbolts from the rest of the carb) With a 10kohm pot on one end for TPS. The early holden sixes had the smaller throttle bore.

What engine will they be going on?
I was hoping to get the whole assembly including fuel rails etc. complete, I want to keep the fabrication to a minimum as i've already got enough stuff to do for this one! It's going on a Suzuki GTi engine (1300cc) with a Baleno SOHC 16v head + supercharger.
Prior preperation and planning prevents piss poor performance