Hello all.......

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
Metalfab_101
Helpful Squirter

Re: Hello all.......

Post by Metalfab_101 »

wagon wrote:I haven't heard from anybody for a while. I see 76stag & littledv8 regularly, but that's about it. Maybe another get together?
Sounds like a good idea Kendall. It's been a bit hard to do anything of late, my Son has been a bit crook and he's a bit needy. Get's it from his Mum!!

We should probably make it for a few months time, to give people a chance to see it's happening.
Prior preperation and planning prevents piss poor performance
rallyrs
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by rallyrs »

spent the morning at the dyno. No surprise the top bins were way out, bottom end wasnt too bad though. Added a bit more timing. AE was good. Made 103hp
MS2 extra, gsxr600 TB, Falcon EF vr 36:1, V6 commodore coils
Metalfab_101
Helpful Squirter

Post by Metalfab_101 »

rallyrs wrote:spent the morning at the dyno. No surprise the top bins were way out, bottom end wasnt too bad though. Added a bit more timing. AE was good. Made 103hp
Sounds like it's going pretty well. How did you end up connecting the coils? Did you use the backplane or just the coils on their own?
wagon
Helpful Squirter

Post by wagon »

rallyrs wrote:
Will sought this out and maybe a bit more aircleaner shielding to encourage external draw as my MAT is upto 40deg at idle
steve
I wish my MAT was that low on the Falcon. I've seen temps up around 55-60degrees Celcius after it's run for a while. The factory airbox stuff is junk.
1984 Ford Falcon 250ci inline 6 MS'd of course!

Now improved the way Ford should have built it with a 4speed automatic.

Also with 3.45 LSD for added goodness.

If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.
Metalfab_101
Helpful Squirter

Post by Metalfab_101 »

wagon wrote:
rallyrs wrote:
Will sought this out and maybe a bit more aircleaner shielding to encourage external draw as my MAT is upto 40deg at idle
steve
I wish my MAT was that low on the Falcon. I've seen temps up around 55-60degrees Celcius after it's run for a while. The factory airbox stuff is junk.
Got chemiweld? :lol:

JK!!!!!! :oops: :x :cry: :? 8) :D :D :D
rallyrs
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by rallyrs »

Metalfab_101 wrote:
rallyrs wrote:spent the morning at the dyno. No surprise the top bins were way out, bottom end wasnt too bad though. Added a bit more timing. AE was good. Made 103hp
Sounds like it's going pretty well. How did you end up connecting the coils? Did you use the backplane or just the coils on their own?
My final setup has the coils mounted to the factory backplate, cut down for 2 coils. The factory backplane/electronics was removed and all the snot (what is that). BIP's are mounted to a new backplate with a 22uF cap and reverse diode. Factory wiring connector is used.

I did have the coils directly mounted to a plate. Whilst tidy, the durability of my coil connections extending through the mounting plate was suss. The BIPs were in the MS housing also which may have contributed to resets I was having.

Much more confidant the new setup will be more durable + no more resets.
MS2 extra, gsxr600 TB, Falcon EF vr 36:1, V6 commodore coils