What's everyone upto nowadays?

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
wagon
Helpful Squirter

What's everyone upto nowadays?

Post by wagon »

Hello everyone!

What's doin' in the world of megasquirts? What are the latest projects?

I've got a wideband now, so we'll be doing some serious tuning in the coming weeks.
1984 Ford Falcon 250ci inline 6 MS'd of course!

Now improved the way Ford should have built it with a 4speed automatic.

Also with 3.45 LSD for added goodness.

If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.
long283
Helpful Squirter

Re: What's everyone upto nowadays?

Post by long283 »

I'm still working on the HQ but at least I now have a spare MS-2 with the JB-Perf 4-channel ign & inj board.
http://jbperf.com/quad_ign_inj/index.html

Which wideband did you go with?
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

Been busy racing my boat this year (No efi on it). I have a couple of MS2's to go on some RX7's once my brother finishes building them. I have an old Vane Dyno that I'm making my own control system for so it can do steady state tuning etc. My Hot Rod is making slow progress. It now has ITB's on the 1uz V8 but still isn't running. Hopefully I will have the engine running by christmas. I also have a GPIO that I'm using as a trans controller for the hot rod.

I now have a couple of widebands. I have a techedge 2A1 and now have the 14point7.com SLC OEM wideband that I plan to intergrate into my dyno controller.

Cheers

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
wagon
Helpful Squirter

Post by wagon »

We're using a Techedge 2Y. It's good. I found the old dear was way rich in places and way lean in others. It's picked up some grunt, which is nice. I was considering a blower but it doesn't really need it. Economy is nice for now.
1984 Ford Falcon 250ci inline 6 MS'd of course!

Now improved the way Ford should have built it with a 4speed automatic.

Also with 3.45 LSD for added goodness.

If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.
viking_oz
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by viking_oz »

Afternoon all,

This is my first post in about 5 years.... How time flies.

I got my bike running with a megasquirt V1 board way back in March of 2006. Got it running pretty well, actually. Then turned around and bought a new bike with all the bells 'n whistles, so the MS bike got shoved to the back of the shed and forgotten about.

Looking forward to finding time to actually get the old bike back on the road again.

What new things have happened whilst I've been away??

Cheers,
V
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

This board has been pretty quite lately.

I got my hot rod to a point where I could get the engine running. The 1uz V8 runs great with it's ITB's and just the base fuel and ignition tables that come with the MS2 firmware. After reading other peoples troubles with ITB's I was suprised how well my engine runs. On first start it idled at 1200rpm and with a few adjustments I got it down as low as 650rpm with 40kpa vaccum. I also have a GPIO set up for trans control but I don't have a long enough drive way to get out of first gear. Plus the hot rod doesn't have an exhaust on it yet.

I picked up a retarder for my dyno to replace the disk brake set up, so I have been working on modifying the bed to suit. So hoppfully it wont be long before I have it up and running.

Cheers

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
long283
Helpful Squirter

Post by long283 »

I've modified my MS2's to run the MS2-Extra 3.1.0 code and have installed the 4-channel driver boards but I'm still working on the CAS (crank-Angle-Sensor) conversion. The Sensor works well but I found I have trouble with VR input circuit. The MS2's I have use the LM2907 or something OP-amp which is troublesome. I have managed to get one working on a Jim-Stim by using the inverted VR signal. I am going to pull out the crappy Op-amps and solder a 8pin DIP socket so I can swap to the MC34072 Op-amp.

Then I can use the CAS, 36-1 wheel, Semi-sequential injection and wasted spark DFI. :)