Just joined the group

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
1uzvolvo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Just joined the group

Post by 1uzvolvo »

This is my first post here but I've been looking through for some time.

I bought my MS3/MS3X with associated wiring some 2 years ago and have finally gotten around to installing it to a 1UZ motor. So far most of the rough in wiring is done but non of the final connections are completed as I'm checking and re-checking what I've done. Although I've used a universal wiring kit to re-wire my project, I am finding the MS instal to be on the motor to be a new learning experience. I've read everything on the MS sites relating to the 1UZ instals and what I need to do, and I have notes galore so hopefully it will all come together.

The motor is stock internally but will run sequential fuel, CoP, standard 12 tooth crank plus 1 cam sensor and wide band O2 sensor.

Any helpful pointers on what I should and shouldn't look out for with the install would be appreciated as this is my first after market ecu instal.
bluehaze
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Just joined the group

Post by bluehaze »

Welcome 1uzVolvo.
Sound like you've done your homework here. My project is a bit simpler, but I the best advive I can give is to test each stage as you go. For example, test the MS unit on the stim to make sure it all works. When I tested in the car, I tested the injectors, and ignition by feeding a signal from the Dizzy to the dizzy input (Spinning the dizzy by hand) and making sure the coil fired and the injectors all worked, and so on from there. You could probably apply the same methodology even though your setup will be a little more complex.
BTW, a 1UZ into a Volvo, now that's pretty cool! 8) a hotted up Volvo! Gotta see some pics!
FB Holden 3.3 Blacky running MS V3 fuel and ignition.
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

Hi mate,

I have a 1uz in a hot rod running on ms2 that I got 5 years ago (Before MS3 existed!). The engine is running and driving but hasn't been tuned yet as the car still isn't finished. I hope to have it on the road by the end of the year. Im sure you would have seen my forum name around the place if you have been searching for 1uz posts. Any questions let me know.

Cheers,

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
1uzvolvo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 1uzvolvo »

Thanks for the welcome.

Devojet, I've seen you and your project over on Lextreme and on the MS forums and will be hoping to follow your success.

Bluehaze, Having had 6 cylinder holdens in the past, carbies, wild cams and head work was as good as it got. Good to know electronics are helping extract more reliable and useful power from these motors. Would be interested to see your project if your in the SE suburbs.

My project was born out of wanting something other than Holden, Ford or imported grunt, and the 4 cylinder, 2 door, Volvo 242GT, provided the basis. The 1UZ V8 also side stepped the normal V8 route. Will have to explore how to import photos onto this forum. In the mean time, hopefully this link will take you to my album. http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo26 ... re-engine/

Once I get the wiring sorted out, my next challenge will be to get the computer and ecu connected and then see where to from there.
long283
Helpful Squirter

Post by long283 »

Nice looking project.
Best of luck with getting it running and finished off.
bluehaze
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by bluehaze »

It would be great to catch up 1uzvolvo. I'm not sure how many Melbourne-ites there are on this forum, but I'm in Croydon.
FB Holden 3.3 Blacky running MS V3 fuel and ignition.
1uzvolvo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 1uzvolvo »

Thanks long283. Been an ongoing project (aren't they all!!!).

Bluehaze, Croydon's easy as I'm in Wantirna. I'll PM you and we'll catch up.

Cheers