Dyno Tuning MS Brisbane

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
aus370
MegaSquirt Newbie

Dyno Tuning MS Brisbane

Post by aus370 »

I am considering using an MS3 system on a 2008 6.1 Hemi going into a Valiant .
But I am having trouble finding any one in Brisbane that is willing to work with Megasquirt , Any one know of someone .

Thanks Andrew.
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Re: Dyno Tuning MS Brisbane

Post by devojet »

Sounds like an interesting project.

I don't know of anyone who dyno tunes Megasquirts, but if you are willing to tune it yourself there are shops around who will hire you their dyno. You could even pay for them to operate the dyno while you do the tuning. Your best bet would be to get it running first and tune the VE table with a wideband O2 and then take it to the Dyno for the final fine tuning.

Cheers,

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
aus370
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by aus370 »

Yes It's not a common swap , but a few have been completed around the country .
I am a bit afraid of tuning via a laptop , but I suppose I will have to learn if I go the Megasquirt route .
The system I have been looking at is from EFI Source , and will come with a good tune installed for my engine , but I may decide on engine mods in the future .

Is there any Dyno operators for hire that you have found good to work with . I'm half way between Bribane and Gold Coast .

Thanks
Andrew.
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

I havent actually worked with any dyno operators as yet. I have only street/track tuned my megasquirts. I do want to put my hot rod on a dyno in the future but havent gotten around to it.

When I rang around a few years ago there was a dyno shop in Yatala that seemed helpful on the phone. Cant remember the name though.

Cheers
Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
aus370
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by aus370 »

Ok thanks Daniel . appreciate the replys

Andrew.
long283
Helpful Squirter

Post by long283 »

Hi Andrew,

If you use TunerStudio the autotune feature is pretty good. Try and get your ignition curve set up similar to the factory specs and familiarise yourself with the software.
If you spend some time to get the idle settings close and a rough curve first and get used to the tuning software you will make better use of your dyno time. Speak to the dyno operators first to understand what is involved. If you can have the dyno operator in the drivers seat, controlling the dyno and yourself in the passenger seat updating the software settings, they can tell you what changes to make while they control the load & speed.

Don't forget a simple checklist before hand too;
- Good tyres,
- tyre pressures,
- FULL tank of petrol (premium if that is what you will use),
- Laptop,
- laptop power supply,
- USB to serial cables...

Take a friend along with a camera & most importantly have fun!

Regards,

Shane.
aus370
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by aus370 »

Thanks

Andrew.