Help please Brisbane based Microsquirt

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
lukep6470
MegaSquirt Newbie

Help please Brisbane based Microsquirt

Post by lukep6470 »

Hi,

I've just found this board and it looks like a great resource. I am working on an ITB project for a 1967 289 Mustang. I bought a Microsquirt off EFI source just over 12 months ago (Damn), I've just connected it up and it looks like it is a dud.

I've tried serveral prolific and ftdi usb-serial connectors on a Win7 laptop and it isn't talking at all. I've tried connecting to it with TunerStudio, Port Checker, MegaTune, MS II Download and even putty with no response. The adapters are talking to my LC1 OK.

I bought it with the microsquirt to EECIV adapter and am using a Ford hot rod wiring harness. I've confirmed pin 1 is getting power and all the grounds and serial connection appear correct.

I am testing it with a car battery and currently with no sensorsor injectors attached. I am getting 11.6V at pin 1.

When I first connect it the relays click once. I would've expect the fuel relay to engage, then turn off approx 20 seconds later if there are no RPMS. Is this correct?

Is there anyone in Brisbane with a working Microsquirt setup that would be able to test mine quickly just to see if it is dead?
wagon
Helpful Squirter

Re: Help please Brisbane based Microsquirt

Post by wagon »

Hello!

I've got an eec-4 test rig that will work well to test your setup. I'm in Toowoomba. I'll be at my workshop next week (Mon, Thu & Fri) if you want to come for a drive, a cuppa and a chat. We'll fit in testing your setup somewhere. :) Gimme a ring 0414 900528
1984 Ford Falcon 250ci inline 6 MS'd of course!

Now improved the way Ford should have built it with a 4speed automatic.

Also with 3.45 LSD for added goodness.

If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.
lukep6470
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by lukep6470 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did some more fault finding and it appears the serial chip is stuffed. EFI source are going to check it out under warrenty so I have sent it back.

Thanks for the offer.

Luke
wagon
Helpful Squirter

Post by wagon »

Is it a MAX232 or similar? I expect it is... they are as common as muck (almost).
1984 Ford Falcon 250ci inline 6 MS'd of course!

Now improved the way Ford should have built it with a 4speed automatic.

Also with 3.45 LSD for added goodness.

If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.
Ampdub
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Ampdub »

Hey Luke, interested to see how you go with this, im in the process and if you have some time one day would like to see how it is all going. It is all a big learning curve hey. Going to try a MS3 on an aircooled vw. Have fun with it