E85

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
wagon
Helpful Squirter

Re: E85

Post by wagon »

I wonder if there are some in the local wreckers now? Does anyone know where the flexfuel sensor is located?
1984 Ford Falcon 250ci inline 6 MS'd of course!

Now improved the way Ford should have built it with a 4speed automatic.

Also with 3.45 LSD for added goodness.

If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

Wouldnt be easy finding one at a wreaker as the series 2's have only been out a year or so. I have had a look but havent found it on my car yet. I assume it will be near the fuel tank as they normally go in the return line but commodores run a returnless fuel system.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
wagon
Helpful Squirter

Post by wagon »

Since they are Commodore parts they'll get crashed lots....... :)
1984 Ford Falcon 250ci inline 6 MS'd of course!

Now improved the way Ford should have built it with a 4speed automatic.

Also with 3.45 LSD for added goodness.

If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

I thought I would update this thread. For the last couple of years I have been running my new boat on e85 with an MS3PRO on my LS3 engine.

I also converted my hot rod (1uzfe) to flex fuel using a sensor from a commodore and an MS3. The sensors are now avaliable new for about $140 on ebay or you can pick up second hand ones.

The tuning was easy just turn on flex fuel and it just adds a fuel multiplier to correct for the ethanol and it worked strait away. I havent played with the table blending yet but im sure there is more power to be had from running more timing on e85. The engine deffinatly goes better on the e85.

Cheers
Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
long283
Helpful Squirter

Post by long283 »

Have you been able to add much ignition advance in?
I believe adding a little bit of advance or being able to run more compression or boost is where you can really see an increase in power from e85. This is what a lot of the Turbo Falcons & Skylines at Sydney Dragway are doing.
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

I haven't touched the timing yet. But there is definatly a gain just switching to e85. The gains are a lot higher if you add boost or up the compression with more timing. I really need to dyno tune it but haven't had the time.

Cheers,

Daniel.
13B Turbo MS2extra.