Tech Edge Vs JAW DIY wide band controllers

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
BZR Se7en
MegaSquirt Newbie

Tech Edge Vs JAW DIY wide band controllers

Post by BZR Se7en »

Hi
Anyne made any comparisions with the DIY Tech Edge unit Vs the Jaw? (Just another wideband)
I have read quite a few reviews of the Jaw (mainly US) but much less about the Tech Edge DIY product.
What I see so far is the Tech edge is more expensive straight off, but has more features and stuff all extras to buy, it looks well sorted.
The Jaw on the other hand, you get the PCB and a few special bits, the rest you source yourself and it seems less sorted. I reckon on another nz$50 of bits and pieces to package and make it go + WB sensor. Plus extra post from US or where ever it comes from.

Your coments would be appreciated.
Patrick
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Re: Tech Edge Vs JAW DIY wide band controllers

Post by devojet »

I have one of the old tech edge DIY units, a 2A1. I have been very happy with it. I think buy time you buy everything you need for the JAW there won't be much difference in price.

The Tech edge units are a well put together kit and I recieved my kit overnight when I ordered it. Also the extra features make the Tech Edge more useful for tune non MS engines ie Carbies.

I have no experiance with the JAW except what I have read on the net.

Cheers

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
toshioz
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by toshioz »

I have not used tech edge.

I bought a Naw from 14.7.cpm and found it to function really well and all for $50 US.

I installed it inside my V3 case and added a 15 pin D connector to the end plate

The output voltage and afr range are quoted as the same as tech edge. Not sure how to reliably calibrate as most dyno O2 sensors seem to be a bit rich reading according to information I have researched.

In my opinion the JAW will be great value for money

As an aside I have been doing some testing of NAW's for Alan from 14.7.com he will be sending me other controllers to test i can make comparisons with the NAW and post the results.
1973 Mercedes 115 230.4. MSnS
long283
Helpful Squirter

Post by long283 »

I bought a DIY 2y1 kit from Techedge with the LED display. The kit had all the parts needed and arrived quickly. Very happy with it, made tuning the MS2 a piece of cake.

It has a number of outputs like 0-5Volts, simulated narrow band, serial connection and can display AFR or Lambda. I've also downloaded firmware to use it with Diesel, LPG and Alchohol but haven't tried them yet.